Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Nightly homework layout

Hi all,

I thought I'd post this just for the heck of it to share one of my layouts that I use for scanning various markets. This page is for the Interest Rate products (Bonds, 10Y, Bunds, Eurodollar) and I have similar pages for the Indexes, Currencies, Metals/Energies, Grains, and Softs. I'll explain the various frames:

Upper window - basic candlesticks, Red highlighted candle = 3-day b/o, blue arrow below candle = nr7, gray MA = 20ema, teal MA = 5sma (example.....bunds, eurodollars both did their test under the 5sma today......have 3-day b/o patterns in the bunds, eurodollars........nr7 in the bonds, 10Y)

S310ROC window - green line = 2-period ROC, orange line = Slow 3/10 line (bunds have a 2 up/4 down on the ROC, against a rising Slow 3/10.......kind of a Taylor thing)

LBR310 window - the 3/10 oscillator

ADX window - the ADX colorcoded........Blue = under 20, Red = over 30

LBR rsi = Linda's Pinball indicator. Buy = under 33, Sell = over 67. (the bunds closed with a Pinball Buy today)

Anyway, this layout is one that I created on CQG but should adapt to many others. My main goal was to create something that one could gather alot of information in a small amount of time.

Rolcol





2 comments:

TeamLBR said...

Thank you Rol. This is actually very helpful to new guys like myself. Even if I don't end up using the same layout, it's VERY helpful to see what other people are using to build my own setup. Much appreciated.

Dr.Sidharth Aurora said...

How do we calculatr 3 period rsi of 1 period roc as suggested by linda raschke.can it be done on excel on EOD basis
sidharth