Saturday, January 26, 2008

Coding error


This weekend, I was comparing my volume chart to Roland's and discovered I made an error and an omission. I omitted the case when the open = close (gray vol bar). Also, I discovered that the intra-day use of the EasyLanguage word 'volume' refers to 'up-volume' only. To get what we want, we need to use the ES word 'ticks'. I've changed my code and made a new picture of the second example of Roland's divergence.

I'm sorry for the error. Funny, I was using it Friday and made money....

Jim







Inputs: AverageLength(10);

vars: color(Green),sdvol(10), avgVol(0);
sdvol = standarddev(Ticks, AverageLength,2);

avgVol = average(Ticks, averagelength);Plot1(Ticks, "Vol");Plot2(avgVol, "Avg");
color = LightGray;
if open data1 > close data1 then

begin

if Ticks > Ticks[1] then color = Red

else color = darkred;

end;
if open data1 <>
begin if Ticks > Ticks[1] then color = Green

else color = DarkGreen;

end;


SetPlotColor(1,color);

SetPlotWidth(1,1);

if Ticks > avgVol then SetPlotWidth(1,2);

if Ticks > avgVol + sdVol then SetPlotWidth(1,3);

if Ticks > avgVol + 2 * sdVol then SetPlotWidth(1,4);

SetPlotColor(2,white);

1 comment:

rolcol said...

Brilliant coding on varying the bar width, Jim!